LCS official logo

Resolving complaints about solicitors

Financial compensation

If we find that you have received poor service from your solicitor, we may tell your solicitor to pay you compensation. Find out how to complain about poor service.

We can tell your solicitor to

  • pay you compensation for distress and inconvenience
  • pay you compensation for financial loss
  • both of the above
  • take specific action
  • limit their fee

We can also ask your solicitor to offer you an apology

Distress and inconvenience

Financial loss